Rayners of Godalming have been manufacturing timber buildings since 1888, when the company was established by Arthur Rayner. It has always been a family business. The current owners’ family acquired the business from the Rayner family in 1947.
During the Second World War, Rayners manufactured accommodation huts for the military as well as numerous poultry houses and greenhouses to assist with the country's move towards self sufficiency. Examples of our pre-war buildings can still been seen around the south east of England today.
Rayners still manufacture many of the buildings that were available during this period, including summerhouses, workshops, sheds and animal houses. Latterly, more contemporary buildings, such as home offices and conservatories, have been added to the range.